•Editing.
•I was the editor for the trailer. I
have done editing for small films before, but making a trailer was new
experience. I used Final Cut Pro for this purpose.
•Firstly I needed to log and capture
the footage and transfer it on to the programme. Some of the clips were too
short, so I had to take time to capture them manually, rather than
automatically.
•Then I had to put the footage in
order, which took me several tries, due to USB loss and power disconnections. I
was happy with this, because my last one came out to be the most effective
attempt.
•I had to carefully select parts of
the shots that looked the most suitable and because it was a teaser trailer,
they had to be quick and snappy. For the first part of the trailer the shots
are longer, because the atmosphere is calmer and their length is slightly
decreasing in the second part as the tension builds up.
•The next point was non-diegetic
sound, where I found a calm soundtrack and a nervous one, again for the two
moods in the trailer. I had to carefully place them on to the correct parts and
adjust the volume accordingly so it goes quieter when I want the diegetic sound
to be heard and towards the end as I want the soundtrack to fade out and
finish. A very effective diegetic sound we recorded was bang on the staircase,
which goes well with the angry mood of that shot and will make the audience
jump.
•The shots still looked rough,
because of the different lighting and locations used for filming, so I needed
to adjust the colour scheme to make them look more film-like and professional.
•I increased some black colours to
sharpen the image and increased the saturation to make some darker shots look
brighter. I also adjusted some of the actual colours to make some of the shots
look warmer and happier and others colder and creepier.
•Finally I had to put our production
and pictures logos on to the trailer. We used the ones from last year to
establish and promote our companies and so the audience who saw our previous
work will be attracted to this one.
•I also put the credits with the
names of all film participants, so the audience knew who worked on the film.
•Overall, using final cut pro this
time I learned more about details when cutting shots. I also practiced my work
with volume and colour control and using different transitions and effects, so
the next time I get to use it, I will be even more experienced.


No comments:
Post a Comment