Friday, 14 December 2012

Q4. How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?


Poster and Magazine:
As well as making a trailer me and Irena had to make a poster and a magazine cover each using photoshop, the programme I had never used before.
I knew several people who are really good at it, so I asked them to tutor me on weekends, so I can understand how different tools work.
I have taken several images, as I had poster and magazine cover draft ideas and I picked out the ones that I thought will look the best in terms of working with background and lighting.





Firstly I made the poster. I took the image of the main character Kylie to be the background, but I decided to take only half of her face to represent how she had split personality disorder.
My friend downloaded several templates for me, so I have chosen a retro looking template and then adjusted then brightened and faded some parts to improve the image. My eye and lip make up were dull, so I used a tool to sharpen them up and increase the white in the eye and the blacks in the eyes and the lips. I selected and slightly raised and moved the area of the mouth to give the character an evil face expression. Then I used the adjusting tool which corrected all the lines and made the image natural.

I created a title, billing block, date of the film, the tag line and film reviews in different fonts and colours. For the title I used Microsoft and Handwritten styles to draw attention and to have part of it look like it was written with blood. For the tag line and reviews I used century and that made them fit with the poster, but not draw as much attention as the title.  I then had the trouble of moving them around the poster. Firstly I wanted the title to be at the top, but when I moved it down, it gave the layout more space and made the poster look more realistic.


•  For the magazine cover I found an interesting Total Film magazine cover online that inspired my work.

As my image is a big close up and Kylie’s character is the main person in the film, I decided to have her with the knife as the background for the cover. I enlarged the image according to the page and the result was her face with the knife, which looked scary and effective.
I then needed to change the colour of the image, so it looks black and white. I also sharpened, the image and increased the saturation so it looks more brighter. By adjusting the shadows and whites further, I added a nice flick of white light to the knife top and the hair.

I had to make the title for the film, which I decided to make similar to the bottom writing, as it talks about my film, the main point in the issue. I used one of the Microsoft fonts, because they are really neat and make the title look professional and realistic. I also made other small texts about other articles included in the magazine. For them I used Bookman font as it is not as bold, but still looks straight and accurate. I included the date, issue number and the website and of the magazine, as well as the barcode to make it look more realistic.






No comments:

Post a Comment